The only Buddhist Himalayan kingdom in existence, Bhutan is one of the happiest places in the world. With more than 20 peaks towering 7,000 meters over sea level, subtropical forests and alpine landscapes, this country is the go-to place for Adrenalin junkies, adventure seekers, mountaineers and those who wish to relax and spend some time in a quiet, tranquil region. The land of the Dragon, shrouded in mist and mysteries is on nearly everyone’s bucket list.
A trip on a bike through this wonderful and happy country where the GNP was renamed to GNH or Gross National Happiness can be nothing short of magical. Although Bhutan opened for tourism as late as 1974, the annual influx of tourists is rather low. A constitutional monarchy since 2008, Bhutan is a fiercely independent land. This is one of the few countries in the world that has never been colonized.
You will feel as if you’ve been transported back in time. Bhutan maintains its traditions and customs and that shows in the country’s architecture and prevalent dressing style of the Drukpas.
From the Tiger’s Nest monastery in Paro to the busy streets of Thimphu, this country is amazing, magical and as we told you earlier, happy!
Join us for a spellbinding journey on two wheels through the land of the dragon as we take you from breathtaking valleys to mountain hugging monasteries to alpine meadows that dot this land!
P.S.: Not comfy riding a bike? No problems! Hop on for a Jeep tour of this fascinating country!
Group Size: 5 to 10 per group, first come first served.
Total Distance Covered: 1200 km.
Average altitude: 8,000 ft
Maximum altitude attained: 13000 ft
Terrain: Challenging, but safe.
Thrill level: Extreme
We meet at Guwahati and drive to Samdrup Jongkhar, a 105km ride. We stay the night here after completing the required paperwork for your trip.
Day 1: Samdrup Jonkkar – Trashigang –180 km
Day 2: Tashigang – Mongar – 92 km
Day 3: Mongar – Bhumthang – 198 KM
Day 4: Bhumthang – sight seeing
Day 5 : Bhumthang – Gangtey – distance 145km
Day 6: Gangtey – Punakha- Thimphu – Distance 150km
Day 7: Thimphu – Sight Seeing & Relax
Day 8: Thimphu – Haa valley- Cross Bhutan highest pass (Chele La Pass at a rise 3,988 meters) – Paro.
Day 9: Paro – Hike to Famous Tiger Nest Monastery & sightseeing.
Day 10 Paro – Phuntsholing-Siliguri
All our packages come with:
- 10 Night accommodation on twin sharing basis at good places & tents.
- Visas and Permits
- Two meals (Breakfast and Dinner) for all 10 days .
- Guidance to best places for Meals at Pay N Eat ( if any).
- Backup Jeep
- Experienced Guide
- Border entry fee with all Inner line permits to restricted/protected areas.
- Experienced mechanic with spare parts.
- Medical backup: An experienced doctor accompanies you on the trip. Oxygen (O2) & AMS pack available.
- Bhutan Way RoundStickers for your Jeep, motorcycle, helmet & more.
- All trip photos.
- Things to carry list with Map.
- Royal Enfield 500 cc / Himalayan 410cc Bike / SUV for trip. (Fuel Extra)
- Pick and Drop from Airport (for the entire group in one go)
Our packages do not include::
- Extra days (we will manage or book your stay for you)
- Extra food Like Starters /Lunch /Dinner all over Pay & Eat (if outside the venue) .
- Bike /Jeep/Cab rent ( if any).
- Fuel of Bike/self drive SUV.
- Domestic Air flight ticket (We can assist you in booking).
- Any damage/fine will be chargeable.
- Any expenses of personal nature or optional tours, extra meals, starters (alcohol, mineral water, soft drinks etc.).
- Extra guide fee, camera & video fee ,tips, insurance, laundry and phone
Cost for Indian nationals:
Contact us for pricing
Cost for foreign nationals
Rented Bike: USD 3950