Spiti valley has a number of passes that have opened up to the areas outside. The valley’s natural border with the neighbouring areas is formed by watersheds and is landlocked from all the sides. The surrounding areas of Ladakh, Kinnaur, Lahaul and Tibet are linked with the Spiti valley through these passes since antiquity. For understanding areas of Spiti valley it is essential to understand the layout of these passes…
Spiti Valley Jeep tour
Chandigarh – Kinnaur Valley – Lahaul Valley – Spiti Valley – Manali
7Day /6 Night
Chandigarh -Shimla – Rampur –Sarhan – Kalpa- Naco- Kaza(over Kunzam Pass(4551m)-Chatru (camping) – Keylon (over Rohtang Pass(3980m) –Manali
Season: Summer / June – october
- a) Kunzam Pass- 4551m
b) Rohtang Pass- 3980mOne night in camping (chatru/Chandertal), Tour Start At Chandigarh, finish at Manali
On arrival you will be warmly welcomed at Chandigarh airport (if you are flying up from Delhi or somewhere else) and checked into a very comfortable hotel just outside Shimla. You will meet the team and have an opportunity to do some local sightseeing depending on the time you arrive.
Day 1: – Chandigarh to NARKANDA
Chandigarh to NARKANDA (Tanidar) ( 200km )Night stay at Lake side Apple Farm resort.
Day 2: Narkanda to Sangla ( 163km )
Breakfast in hotel. Depart by surface to Sangla (8/9 Hrs drive) via Rampur. Sarahan is a beautifully located township amid mountains with Shrikhand Mahadev peak (5155m) looming as a backdrop. Overnight stay at a Hotel.
Day 3. Sangla to Taboo (190km)
After breakfast drive to Tabo(3200 m), (6/7 hrs drive) via Ribba, Moron and Tila monastries. Tabo monastery is an ordinary mud structure but on the inside it has frescoes which earned Tabo the epithet of “Ajanta of Himalayas”. Overnight in tents.
Day 4: Tabo – Pin – Kungri – Dankar – Kaza ( 100km )
After breakfast drive to Kaza (3450 m), via Pin, Kungri and Dankar monastries visit very place and enjoy the relax drive . Overnight stay at Kaza.
Day 5: After breakfast drive to Ki monastery (4116 m)
The monastery with rare paintings and scriptures is the oldest and biggest in Spiti. Go further to Kibber(4140m), one of the highest villages in the world.
Day 6: Loshar to Chander Tal ( Vai Kunzam pass ) 100km
and stay at small village Home stay overnight. After breakfast, we shall drive to Kunzum pass (4551m) and Chandratal (4270m). This blue water lake is situated about 9 kms from Kunzum pass. The lake is placed between a low ridge and the main Kunzum range with an outlet into the Chandra
Day 7: Chutru/Chandertal to Manali (100km)
The last day of the tour will witness a farewell dinner in the evening. Sharing emotions after journey. Hot Spring in Vashisht for relaxation. Shopping at manali, some gifts for friends. Overnight stay in tents at Chatru or Chander tal.
- ALL nights’ accommodation on twin sharing basis in standard rooms & tents (Narkanda to Manali).
- Meals (Breakfast & Dinner), but Dinner NOT in major towns ( Kalpa/ Manali ) where people prefer to have different platters according to their personal tastes.
- Inner line permits to restricted/protected areas.
- Monument & Museum entrance fees
- Medical & Mechanical backup vehicle with O2 & AMS pack.
- JEEP booking cost/Rent/FUEL/Security deposit.
- Extra luggage care vehicle cost will Share by group, as per requirement.
- Any Kind of personal expenses or optional tours, extra meals, starters etc.
- Tips, Insurance, Laundry, Phone Calls
- Any Kind of drinks (Alcoholic, Mineral, soft drinks, Aerated)
- Extra guide fee, Camera & Video fee, Boat and rope trolley fee.
a) Around INR21000/- Per head (Join with Own Jeep/SUV/MUV).
b) Around INR4500/- per day self drive Maruti Jeep
c) Around INR2900/- Scorpio for www.Zoomecar.com