Spiti valley has a number of passes that have opened up to the areas outside. The valley’s natural border with the neighbouring areas is formed by watersheds and is landlocked from all the sides. The surrounding areas of Ladakh, Kinnaur, Lahaul and Tibet are linked with the Spiti valley through these passes since antiquity. For understanding areas of Spiti valley it is essential to understand the layout of these passes…
Group Size: 5 to 10 per group, first come first served.
Total Distance Covered: 1200 km.
Average altitude: 8,000 ft
Maximum altitude attained: 16000 ft
Terrain: Challenging, but safe.
Thrill level: Extreme
Season: Summer / June – october
- Kunzum Pass 4551m
- Rohtang Pass- 3980m
On arrival you will be warmly welcomed at Chandigarh airport (if you are flying up from Delhi or somewhere else) and checked into a very comfortable hotel just outside Shimla. You will meet the team and have an opportunity to do some local sightseeing depending on the time you arrive.
Day 1: – Chandigarh to Narkanda
Day 2: Narkanda to Sangla ( 163km )
Day 3. Sangla to Taboo (190km)
Day 4: Tabo – Pin – Kungri – Dankar – Kaza ( 100km )
Day 5: After breakfast drive to Ki monastery (4116 m)
Day 6: Losar to Chandra Tal ( via Kunzam pass ) 100km
Day 7: Chhatru /Chandrataal to Manali (100km)
All our packages come with
- ALL nights’ accommodation on twin sharing basis in standard rooms & tents (Narkanda to Manali).
- Meals (Breakfast & Dinner), but Dinner NOT in major towns ( Kalpa/ Manali ) where people prefer to have different platters according to their personal tastes.
- Inner line permits to restricted/protected areas.
- Monument & Museum entrance fees
- Medical & Mechanical backup vehicle with O2 & AMS pack.
Our packages do not include:
- JEEP booking cost/Rent/FUEL/Security deposit.
- Extra luggage care vehicle cost will Share by group, as per requirement.
- Any Kind of personal expenses or optional tours, extra meals, starters etc.
- Tips, Insurance, Laundry, Phone Calls
- Any Kind of drinks (Alcoholic, Mineral, soft drinks, Aerated)
- Extra guide fee, Camera & Video fee, Boat and rope trolley fee.
Cost for Indian nationals:
Contact Us for updated pricing information
Cost for foreign nationals
Contact Us for pricing information