Tibet was opened to tourism in 1985 and developed its unique culture and religion independently. Tibetan Buddhism contains many elements of their older religion,” Bon Po” which worshipped the sky, moon, sun, fire, soil and even evil spirits and this is why a monastery such as Tashilhunpo contains thousands of unique statues, paintings (thangka), religious and historical books that to visit in detail would take weeks and their emotions show that religion still holds a very important place in their daily lives.
Extremely remote and isolated by the most formidable Himalayas ranges is a fascinating world of timeless splendor, unique tradition and breathtaking scenery awaits all travelers to the Roof of the World.
Group Size: 5 to 10 per group, first come first served.
Total Distance Covered: 2000+ km.
Average altitude: 8,000 ft
Maximum altitude attained: 15000 ft
Terrain: Challenging, but safe.
Thrill level: Extreme
Day 01: Arrive in Kathmandu
Upon arrival you will be met by our representative and taken to your hotel.A brief introduction of the trip by our tour guide in the afternoon. In the evening a welcome dinner at a typical Nepali Restaurant with cultural show.After the dinner, transfer to the Hotel.
Day 02: Sightseeing tour of Kathmandu
Day 03: Kathmandu (1,300 m) / Kodari(118 Km) / Zhangmu (08 Km) / Nyalam (30 Km)
Day 04: Nyalam / PaikutTso (4510 m) / Saga (4300m) (232 Km)
Day 05: Drive Saga / Lhatse (Approx. 300 km).
Day 06: Drive Lhatse/ Shigatse(3900m) (Approx. 115 km)
Day 07: Ride Shigatse to Gyantse (Approx. 90 Km)
Day 08: Gyantse to / Lhasa (3,650m): 261 Km via Lake Yamdrok.
Day 09: Lhasa
Day 10: Ride Lhasa to Lhatse (Approx. 375 Km)
Day 11: Ride Lhatse to Rongbuk (Approx. 200 Km)
Day 12: Excursion to Mt. Everest Base Camp & ride to Tingri (Approx. 100 Km)
Day 13: Ride Tingri to Zhangmu and to Kathmandu (Approx. 320 Km)
Day 14: Final Departure
Free for final minute packing and shopping until transfer to the airport for departure.
Trip cost: US$ 5200 per person.
SINGLE ROOM SUPPLEMENT: US$ 480.00 Per Person.
Extra: Tibet/China Visa fee US$ 190.00 for American Nationals
Extra: Tibet/China Visa fee US$ 114.00 for Other Nationals
Extra: Lhasa/Kathmandu one way airfare US$ 489.00 Per Person
Note: Minor Repairs like break shoe, spark plug, clutch plate, tubes, cable (01 set only) and engine oil has been included in the cost. However if more breakage happen due to rough handling/accidents/theft etc, the clients will have to bear the cost.
Terms and Visa details
– Each group members/ Individuals should pay 30% advance at least before a month which will be non refundable.
– 100% Payment should be paid before departure to Tibet in Kathmandu
– Payment can be by cash or Bank transfer.
– Last Hours cancellation is fully paid none of the amount will be refunded.
– No refunds due to trip alterations because of governmental/local issues in the Tibet region.
– The entire individual/ FIT who are involving in group travel should follow group decision in any matters.
– NO emergency evacuation is available
– 03 Nights Hotel in Kathmandu is in our package; more than 03 night will be with extra charge. This may happen in case of early arrive from Tibet.
– Any Extra activities except mentioned in itinerary.
Please note that we will require details of the bikes and passport + International Driving licenses at least 60 days in advance. The details will be the copy of the registration (bill books) as the import of the Bikes into China will have to go through the Transport ministry, Department of roads, Customs, Traffic police (for driving license ) etc.
Please send the details of each member mentioned below as these are required for processing the visa for Tibet and TTB Permits.
– Flight details and arrival timing.
– Each member’s colored scanned passport copies through email attachment.
– Each member’s scanned international driver license through email attachment
– Each member’s scanned passport size photographs through email attachment.
– Each member’s details mentioned below as these are required for processing the visa for Tibet.
- Date of birth.
- Passport Number.
- Passport Issue Date.
- Passport Expiry Date.
- Place (Province/state, country) of birth.
- Name of your employer or school.
- Daytime phone number.
- Address of your employer or school.
- Nighttime phone number.
- Your home address.
- Your email address.
NOTE: Also do not forget to bring 4 passport size photo for the permit, you can give this to us upon arrival in Kathmandu.
Medical Examination and Insurance
We strongly recommend a medical examination and routine check up with your physician. Be sure any abnormalities, chronic problems or special medications are noted on the form. This may be helpful to your trip leader if you begin to exhibit any symptoms during the trip.
Bikes need to be insured and you have to get your own travel insurance from your home country and make sure that it covers health, travel, accident, theft, loss of property, emergency evacuation etc. You have to bring the insurance certificate on the tour.
Please note that insurance cover is required for all of our treks. We recommend insurance cover to the value of USD$10000.00, to cover such events as emergency evacuation, hospitalization etc, loss of luggage, flights cancellations etc.
Client Details Required for traveling to Tibet
- Name (exactly as in passport)
- Date of Birth
- Passport Number
- Date of issue
- Place of Issue
- Date of Expiry
- Residential address
- Work address
Motorcycle Riding Gear
- Helmet with visor
- Wind proof (preferably with the inner fleece lining) riding jacket and pants
- Scarf / Balaclava
- Riding goggles
- A warm pair of gloves
- Waterproof outer riding gloves
- A riding bag to keep personal items during riding
- Thermal inner pants and long sleeve vest
- fleece caps
- sun tan lotion
- rain gear
- water proof riding boots
- warm socks
- Dust mask
Your Medical Kit
Aside from any prescription medications you ordinarily take, we strongly recommend you take responsibility for bringing your own medical kit even though we have a comprehensive medical kit on the trip.
Here are some items you’ll want to include in your medical kit
# Moleskin, adhesive bandages, gauze, tape, and other products (Spenco “Second Skin” is good) to treat blisters and sore spots.
# Lomotil or Imodium for emergency treatment of diarrhea (not recommended for long-term use).
# Cold medication (such as Actifed), decongestant (such as Sudafed) and/or antihistamine (such as Benadryl)
# Aspirin, Tylenol, Lburrofen, or Ketoprofen
# Antibiotic ointment (such as Neosporin).
# Insect repellant containing 30% – 35% DEET.
# Cough drops or sore throat tablets. Extras may be appreciated by your expedition staff.
# Pepto-Bismol (tablets are best) or other indigestion remedy.
# Natural Tears or other eye drops
# 3′ Ace’ wrap
# Hand Sanitizer