- This event has passed.
Spiti Winterfest 4×4 Snow Drive
November 16 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
4×4 snow drive to Spiti
See the land of the snow leopard first hand! Drive your own car to Spiti this winter and experience stark, snow-clad landscapes, sub-zero temperatures and an unparalleled winter adventure experience!
Itinerary for Spiti in winters for 8 Days
Our itinerary for the tour will flow to Spiti Valley via kinnaur side and same end up traversing the same route since Kaza-Kunzum pass- manali remains closed in winters. Route from Manali to Kaza, Spiti Valley only remains open in the summer months from mid June to mid October. Beyond this time period, it is usually closed or it is not suggested to travel on this route because of the reason of getting stuck in the middle of no mans for about six months. The route from Shimla – Kinnaur Valley to Spiti Valley remains open
almost all throughout the year including winters barring few days of heavy snowfall that closes NH-22 or road between Kaza – Tabo or Tabo – Puh at times.
Day before we have small get to get at venue point,, Which cover intonation and region part with small dinner party.
Day 1 | Chandigarh – Rampur bhushar (230 km)
- Day Start after quick breakfast at Chandigarh Venue,
- Rampur is about 60 KMs from Narkanda takes about 2 Hrs
- Overnight at Rampur, which ever suits your timings
- There may be snow on the road and you can expect closure due to heavy snowfall between Shimla – Narkanda – Kotegarh.
Day 2 | Rampur – (Sangla Optional)-Nako / Chango (210 km)
- Leave early, if the road opens then we must visit Sangla Valley .
- You can plan for lunch at Tapri
- About 8 – 9 Hrs of beautiful drive through Kinnaur Valley
- Check Out Khab, Confluence of Spiti and Satluj Rivers
- See the Leo Purygal Peak from Khab Bridge
- Have your lunch at Spello,
- Visit the Nako Lake will be frozen
- Meet the dreaded Malling Nalla ahead of Nako which will have a lot of ice and be completely frozen. The road will be very slippery around this section of the road
- Overnight at Chango
Day 3 | Chango – (Pin valley optional)- Tabo-Kaza (156 km)
- After Chango – Sumdo you will enter Spiti Valley. In case you see weather being not welcoming, try to stop over at Chango. Avoid sleeping at Nako where it will be too freezing and AMS prone
- After Sumdo police registration, the detour towards Geyu Village to visit the 500 Year old Mummy will be closed. So, keep moving towards Tabo.
- About 6 – 7 Hrs drive, depending upon the breaks you take in between
- Visit Dhangkar Monastery in case the road is open else continue to Kaza
- The route to Pin Valley (optional ) will be open
- Overnight at Kaza
Day 4, | Kaza and around (apx 50km)
- Head for Kaza, headquarters of Spiti Valley and spend couple of days in Kaza
- Have lunch at Kaza and check in to Hotel
- In these two days, explore the road to Ki – Kibber which remains mostly open and for more details you can read: Key – Kibber – Gette – hikkim-dumley valley – Local Sightseeing in Kaza
- Ki is a famous monastery and others are places to explore as a lovely drive
- About 2 – 3 Hrs of drive in the day
- Overnight at Kaza
Day 5 | Kaza – Tabo – Nako – Puh – Reckong Peo – (196 km)
- Start your day early and watch the vistas en route over Hindustan Tibet Highway
- After Chango – Sumdo you will exit Spiti Valley
- Have your lunch at Nako or at Puh
- Nako has an IPH Rest House and Puh has a PWD Rest house where you can stay if required due to road closure. Chango also has a PWD rest house. You may be OK to stay at Nako while coming back but still better opt for Chango or Puh
- You can make quick progress on this day with less stops, as you have already covered to places of interest while reaching Tabo from Kalpa
- About 9 – 10 Hrs drive, depending upon the breaks you take in between
- Overnight at Reckong Peo
Day 6 | Reckong peo – Tata Pani
- Leave early and enjoy the vistas en route
- You can plan for lunch at Rampur, Negi Dhabh yua. Check review in DoW Community
- About 6 – 14 Hrs of beautiful drive through Tatapani ( Hot Spring )
- Overnight at Lake view site hot spring Resort
Day 7 | After Lunch Drive to – Chandigarh
- In case, you have this extra day past the whole week, well, you can relax in Sun after Hot Spring bath
- Roam around in Tatapani and leave for chandigarh by afternoon
- About 5 Hrs drive to chandigarh
- Overnight at chandigarh / sweet home
Day 8-9 | Buffer days to be kept in case of road closure due to landslides or snowfall or perhaps you want to enjoy more in frozen beauty of Spiti Valley
Add On Days in Spiti Valley??
If you have more days with you then perhaps you can choose any of the days to explore more beautiful places within Spiti Valley in winters…
- If you want, we can trek in the snow to Langza, Hikkim or Komic villages for a few days with the help of local guide or local villager with us. We will carry enough food + water and sleeping bag to sleep in home stays up in these villages. We can go spotting Snow Leopard in these villages as well.
- Spend a day with Sakya Abode boys or Tsering who goes over to ski on the snow slopes around Kaza. An exhilarating experience.
- Spend a day working out winter routines in some home stay to actually experience the hardships of daily lives in Spiti in winters.
- Spend a few days in Kibber village and try your luck to spot Snow Leopards, who knows it is your lucky day to spot this amazingly elusive cat :).
|Own 4×4 SUV||33500 per Head|
|Hire SUV(4 Seat Sharing)||on request|
|Hire 4×4 SUV ( Self Drive )||6500 -11000 per day vehicle extra.|
|Share Seat in Our vehicle||33500+16000 per Head|
Given cost include Govt. service tax and GST
- 6+1 night stay at warm heated place.
- All meal ( Warm / Othantic /Local /pack food also )
- Backup and guide team ( With all Medical and mechanical Sport )
- Things to carry for 4×4 Snow drive( For Vehicle )
- Things to carry for Winter survive.
- Carry Emergency Survival kit.
- All Photo and Media Coverage.
- Walky – talky Radio between vehicles.
- Own Fuel of Vehicle
- Damage and Fine.
- Extra day Stay and extra meal or Stators.
- Booking your plan with 50% of amount of total cost
- Balance 50% – 15 day before the trip
Account Name: Planet Way Round
Account Number: 50200003355736
Account Type: Current
SWIFT code: HDFCINBB
Bank Branch Code: 3243
Branch Address: HDFC Bank, Ambala Road, Shahzadpur, Ambala, Haryana, India. 134202
Swift Code; – HDFCINBB
MAT :- 9896165335,9466175335
MAT2 :- 9459693364
The 2020 Annual Divi Company Retreat
Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium doloremque laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaq
Bring Your Dancin’ Sjoes
Bring a Guest
We’re Turning 12!
Jan 18 – 26th 2022
Kaza , Spiti , HP
9 am – Morning Srarts From Chandigarh