Kheerganga in the Parvati valley of Himachal Pradesh offers a mystical journey into the woods and is one of the gifted abode for natural sulphur hot water springs. From the valley you can behold the incomparable beauty of Parvati River and the glacier of Lahaul Spiti. The trek unveils some favourite tourist destinations en route like a Shiv Temple, Rudra Naag Waterfall and a lot of interesting rock formations.
Find this trip more energetic and enthusiastic with a bath in the hot springs that will let you shed away all your pains and sorrows. Free your mind from city’s traffic and mundane lifestyle by experiencing this trek. Kheerganga trek in Himalayas, starts from Kasol, a place to simply relax and enjoy the peace and soothing beauty nature has to offer. Nothing can match the serenity of these destinations and entire trek across this. All these places are favoured destinations for people who want to experience himalayan culture.
Kheerganga (3050 m) lies in the extreme end of Parvati valley and is the last inhabited village while trekking to pin valley via Pin-Parvati pass. Kheer Ganga remains snow-covered during winters and only gets a temporary settlement during the summers. Kheer Ganga is a holy place with a hot water spring, small temple of Lord Shiva and a bathing tank. It is a rare combination for any trekker to bathe in a hot spring when everything is covered by snow.
Region: Himachal Pradesh
Duration: 4 days
Highest altitude: 3050m
Average temperature: Day time: 13°C-18°C; Night time: -1°C-4°C
Day 1 – Report at Vidhan Sabha metro station at around 06:00 PM and depart Delhi by 07:00 PM in an AC coach.
Day 2 – You will reach Kasol by 09:00 AM, check in at the hotel and freshen up, head out to see the local places in Kasol.
After coming back to the hotel, relax by sitting near a bonfire while a light music is played.
Enjoy your dinner in the hotel.
Day 3 – Begin your trek to Kheerganga after breakfast.
Its a 12 kms (one side) trek, which takes 4.5 hours approx to cover
The trek offers some beautiful sights which will rejuvenate your mind.
En route, see a Shiva Temple, Rudra Naag Waterfall and lots of interesting rock formations.
You can spend the evening at your own leisure near the bonfire and after dinner relax by the camp.
Day 4 – After breakfast, take a dip in a popular hot water spring nearby and then trek back to Kasol.
Again a 12 kms trek (approx 4-5 hours).
Keep the luggage in cloak room of the hotel and explore local market and amazing cafes.
Collect the luggage from the hotel in the evening and depart from Kasol.
Day 5 – Early morning you will reach Delhi around 9 am
The drop would be done at the same point as the pick up
• Hotel in Kasol for 1 night on quadruple or triple or twin sharing basis (different prices)
• Camp in Kheerganga for 1 night on either double or triple sharing basis depends on the size of the camp
• 13th August – Buffet dinner at the hotel
• 14th August – Tea + Breakfast (Hotel) + Dinner (Camp)
• 15th August – Breakfast (camp)
• Bonfire with music
• Travelling by AC coach from Delhi to Kasol and return
Things To Carry
• Trekking shoes
• Mosquito repellent
• Warm clothes
• After departure to Kheerganga the bus will stop at one location where you can have the dinner at your own cost, the same follows at the time of return.
• It is advisable to carry water bottle and light munching as no lunch would be provided en-route to Kheerganga.
• This is an easy trek and holding a previous experience of trekking isn’t necessary.
• Well experienced guides would be present all the time (First Aid trained).
• Proper sanitation facilities would be provided at the campsite.
• In case if going out of the hotel please deposit valuables in a safety locker with the hotel manager (Thrillophilia or the organiser is not responsible for any theft or loss of items).
• Any meal, activity or service not availed by the client will not be adjusted in the package cost and would be non-refundable under any circumstances.
• Only those persons would be entertained at the campsite for whom the booking has been made. No additional persons will be entertained under any circumstances.
• No monument entry fees/Camera Fees is included in the cost.
• Kindly inform about any prevailing medical condition.
Cost for Indian nationals: Contact us