Spiti 4×4 Snow Chain Drive
TRIP DATE :
13 MAR TO 19 MAR
TYPE OF ROAD :
GRAVEL 50%, ICE 50%
LEVEL OF DIFFICULTY :
5 TO -15
STAY TYPE :
Home stay / Guest House
MAX ALTITUDE :
Day 1 | Chandigarh –Rampur (238 km)
Day 2 | Rampur – Chango (195 km)
Day 3 | Chango -vai Pin Valley– Kaza (170 km)
Day 4 | Kaza and around to (kunzam la) (90km)
Day 6 | Kaza – Tabo – Nako – Puh –Sangka Valley (224 km)
Day 7 | Sangla Valley – Jeori – Rampur – Bhag Sarhan Valley (141km)
Day 8 | Drive back to home via Narkanda (272km)
Day 9 | Buffer days to be kept in case of road closure due to landslides
or snowfall or perhaps you want to enjoy more in frozen beauty of Spiti Valley
About Winter Spiti
Let’s have a wonderful and extreme winter adventurous tour to Spiti in winters.
Challenges we will face
1) Question in mind whether the road will be open or we have to find other way out. 2) We have to carry our own food and cook ourselves using stoves and burner, water we have to use from snow. Don’t worry we will take care of that. There are lots of variables when you are planning such a trip and most major one is the itinerary. Your itinerary must be flexible and hence, you know about places where to stop overnight in case of any changes from original plan. You must also know which places you should avoid staying overnight due to vulnerabilities such as freezing cold, acute mountain sickness or being stuck from both sides of road blocks. Considering above points in mind we will go with common itinerary for a trip to spiti valley. Itinerary for Spiti in winters for 8 Days Our itinerary for the tour will flow to Spiti Valley via kinnaur side and same end up traversing the same route since Kaza-Kunzum pass- manali remains closed in winters. Route from Manali to Kaza, Spiti Valley only remains open in the summer months from mid June to mid October. Beyond this time period, it is usually closed or it is not suggested to travel on this route because of the reason of getting stuck in the middle of no mans for about six months. The route from Shimla – Kinnaur Valley to Spiti Valley remains open almost all throughout the year including winters barring few days of heavy snowfall that closes NH-22 or road between Kaza – Tabo or Tabo – Puh at times.
- 6+1 night stay at warm heated place.
- All meal ( Warm / Authentic /Local /Pack food also )
- Backup and guide team ( With all Medical and mechanical basic Sport )
- Things to carry for 4×4 Snow drive ( For Vehicle )
- Things to carry list For Winter survives.
- All Photo and Media Coverage.
- Experienced Guide full way local guide also as per need.
- Border entry fee with all Inner line permits to restricted/protected areas.
- Experienced Doctor Medical backup with oxygen (O2) & AMS pack.
- Spiti 4×4 winter Stickers for your Jeep,
- Fuel of Vehicle.
- Damage and Fine.
- Extra day Stay and
- Extra meal or Stators (Alcohol, Mineral, Soft Drinks, Aerated) etc
- Vehicle Damage & technical services cost which paid to Local workshop
- Any damage/fine will cost.
- Any kind of personal expenses or optional tours.
- Extra guide fee, Camera & Video fee ,Tips, Insurance, Laundry, Phone
Detailed Itinerary :
Day 1 : 🏁 Chandigarh to Rampur 210km
drive with from Chail to Fago -Narkanda, this day we stay at deluxe warm place ,stay and meal along with bonfire 🔥 party ❄️.
Day 2 :Rampur Bushar to Chango via Kalpa. around 160km drive
after Speilo we drive in Spiti valley,Warm deluxe stay with meals and bone 🔥 party.
Day 3 : Chango – Kaza via Pin valley ( 140km )
photography of wildlife.
Stay at the same place with a night party and bonefire 🔥.
Day 4 : Kaza and Around to
it’s a relaxing day drive 100 km till Kibber and Key . Evening relax with local wine and resort bonfire party.
Night stay at the same place with a warm dinner.
Day 5 : Kaza to Sangla Valley
on the way back we cover Nako and Puh..After Karcham we where heading to Baspa Valley and Chitkul.
Night stay at warm Cottage next to river side.
Day 6; Sangla to Bhag Sarhan valley
It’s again back rout after Rampur we heading to 40km Bhag Sarhan valley. Overnight night stay with warm food and bore fire.
Day 7; Drive back to home via Narkandha
As weather clears up in Kaza in evening
Add On Days in Spiti Valley??
If you have more days with you then perhaps you can choose any of the days to explore more beautiful places within Spiti Valley in winters…
- If you want we can trek in snow to Langza, Hikkim or Komic villages for few days with the help of local guide or local villager with us. We will carry enough food + water and sleeping bag to sleep in home stays up in these villages. We can go for spotting Snow Leopard in these villages as well.
- Spend a day with Sakya Abode boys or Tsering who goes over to ski on the snow slopes around Kaza. An exhilarating experience.
- Spend a day to working out winter routines in some home stay to actually experience the hard ships of daily lives in Spiti in winters.
Spend few days in Kibber village and try your luck to spot Snow Leopards, who knows it is your lucky day to spot this amazingly elusive cat 🙂
FOR NON INDAIN NATIONALITY :
Foreign Nationals visiting the protected areas of Spiti Valley and Kinnaur Valley are required to get the inner line permits or ILP. Domestic (Indian) tourist do not require any permits. If you are Indian, then just carry a valid photo ID proof of your nationality to be on safe side. You can get all the details for these permits and its process at the article linked here
Petrol Pumps Between Shimla – Spiti Valley – Manali
- Narkanda – Do top up here
- Rampur – After crossing the town, the last one on right side is pretty reliable
- Tapri – New one. Do top up here or in Reckong Peo / Powari for sure.
- Powari – Its open and Running max open at day time. ( Must top up her for next 270 Km till kaza ) Carry some 15-20 ltr extra fuel for contingency which is very important for emergency .
- Reckong Peo – Do not miss in case haven’t topped up at Powari
- Kaza – Do Not Miss, Carry some 10-15 ltrs extra fuel for contingency which is very important.